All successful businesses have one thing in common — payday. Our Payroll Card takes the hassle, paper and extra expense out of payday. Whether you have 10 employees or 10,000, our Payroll Card can make payday easier and more efficient for both your business and your employees.
View account balances, track budgets and more, all in one convenient place.
Have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring income directly deposited.
Check your balances, view your transaction history, pay bills and more — all from your computer or mobile device.
- Offer employees a 100% FDIC-insured account
- Employees enjoy the benefit of "no check-cashing fees"
- Our Treasury Management officers can provide a cost-effective program that works best for your business needs
- Investment is FDIC insured
- 24/7 customer service
- Immediate access to funds
- No check-cashing fees
- Free Short Message Service (SMS) / Email Alerts(5)
- 24/7 ATM access
- Free card-to-card transfers
- Use for online and in-store purchases anywhere MasterCard® Debit Card is accepted
- Zero-Liability Protection(4) on fraudulent transactions
- Online account access
- Text alerts
- Access to online budgeting tools
- No waiting in line to cash checks
- No overdraft fees
- Reduces liability and fraud risks
- Streamlined fund distribution
- Receive seamless integration with your payroll process
- Enjoy instant card issuance
- Saves paper — no need to print paper checks or pay postage
- Make direct deposit available to more employees
- Monthly maintenance fee: $0
- Secondary card: $8
- Additional card; cardholder fees are the same as the primary card
- Card replacement: $15
- Through TransCard for a personalized or non-personalized card
- Express Service — Replacement Card: $30
- Express Shipping through FedEx or UPS
- Paper Statement: $5
- Upon request, cardholder may request a paper statement to be mailed out
- Inactivity: $3
- Per month after 12 months of no activity after card is activated and has a balance
- Point of sale transaction: Free
- Per retail transaction — Point of sale PIN or signature transaction, domestic or international
- Cash back at point of sale transaction: Free
- Get cash back when you make a purchase at a retail location
- Cash withdrawal from a bank: $5
- Per cash advance withdrawal at a branch (one free per pay period)
- Convenience check: $5
- Per check. TransCheck is a convenience check for cardholder to draft off of account
- ATM usage
- ATM withdrawal — Domestic (one free per pay period): $2
- Surcharge free ATM usage(7): Free
- ATM balance inquiry — Domestic: $1
- Per ATM balance inquiry — Domestic
- ATM insufficient funds/decline — Domestic: $1
- Per attempt — ATM insufficient funds/decline, domestic
- ATM withdrawal — International, $5
- Per withdrawal — ATM withdrawal, international
- ATM balance inquiry — international: $3
- Per inquiry — ATM balance inquiry, international
- ATM insufficient funds/decline — International: $3
- Per attempt — ATM insufficient funds/decline, International
- Direct deposit load: Free
- Direct deposit load through employer or other direct deposit payer
- Bank load: $1.50
- Reloading money onto the card at a BancorpSouth location
- Money move — Card to Card: $0.50
- Per card to card money move through cardholder website
- Maximum load amount: $5,000
- Loads per day: 2
- Maximum balance amount: $5,000
- Maximum ATM withdrawal amount: $500
How It Works
How It Works
How do I access my account information?
- There are several ways: Call our toll free customer service number at 800-416-6373, or view your Account Summary for more information. You can also set up your account to receive daily, weekly or monthly text/email alerts for your balance.
What are the customer service hours of operation?
- You can access a customer service representative 24/7 in English or Spanish at 800-416-6373.
Who is TransCard?
- TransCard is our service provider for our Prepaid and Payroll card processing and customer service. Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, TransCard is a trusted service provider in the banking industry.
How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- You can sign up for direct deposit by using the “Direct Deposit Form” at the bottom of the card carrier that comes with your card or by downloading it from the cardholder website. For direct deposit of federal benefits, visit godirect.gov.
Will I be charged a fee at an ATM?
- Most ATM owners will charge a nominal surcharge fee (except when using a BancorpSouth or AllPoint Network ATM), which typically ranges from $1 to $3. This amount will be deducted from your available card balance at the time of the transaction, in addition to the $2 card ATM transaction fee outlined in the Cardholder Terms & Conditions. Prepaid Cards receive one free withdrawal per month at BancorpSouth or AllPoint Network ATMs, and Payroll Cards receive one free withdrawal per pay period. To find a BancorpSouth ATM, click the “Locations” tab at the top of the page. To find an AllPoint Network ATM, go to allpointnetwork.com.
Am I responsible for transactions that I did not make?
- We provide a “Zero Liability” Policy for the card. If the card is ever lost or stolen, we will reimburse you for any unauthorized transactions. It must be reported within 60 days from the date of the statement on which the unauthorized transaction first appears. The Prepaid and Payroll cards are FDIC-insured.
How do I get cash back when making a purchase?
- Many merchants, such as grocery and convenience stores, will offer the ability to get cash back with a purchase. Just press the “Debit” button on the terminal pad and use your PIN to complete the transaction. The amount that you can withdraw varies by merchant.
“Pay at the Pump” – why was I declined?
- “Pay at the Pump” may secure an approval on the card as a set limit above the final amount/price of gas you pump. For instance, they will authorize the transaction for $75. This is done to ensure that funds are available to cover the final purchase. To avoid authorizations over the transaction amount, you must go inside the gas station and speak with the clerk. Tell the clerk that you want to purchase, for example, $10 in gas and to authorize the transaction for $10.
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
- Please contact the Customer Service Center at 800-416-6373. The center will provide assistance in issuing a new card and placing the proper restraints on the card to avoid fraud.
What other features and services are offered with the card?
- The MasterCard® prepaid card, powered by TransCard, offers many value-added benefits, including:
- Text/email alerts
- Free credit scores
- Card-to-card transfers
- Companion cards
- Personal financial manager
How do I add money onto my card?
- After you register your Prepaid or Payroll card, the best way to add money onto your card is to set up direct deposit of your paycheck. Take your card’s direct deposit information to your employer to have your paycheck automatically put on your card each payday. You can also add money by visiting the bank that issued the card, through the cardholder website or any MasterCard rePower® location.
What is a Prepaid or Payroll card, and where can I use it?
- The Prepaid and Payroll cards are cost-effective alternatives to carrying cash and paying check-cashing fees. Because they are pre-funded cards, you only spend what money you load, and you can typically get one without a credit check or bank account. You can use one of these cards to make purchases and pay bills anywhere MasterCard Debit Cards are accepted, including in stores, online or over the phone. Simply load it with the cash amount you choose and enjoy the purchasing power of MasterCard. They are accepted at more than 30 million locations, including 1.5 million ATMs in over 210 countries.
How quickly can I access funds that have been loaded to my card?
- Immediately! Just call to activate.
How do I set my PIN (Personal Identification Number), and what if I forget my PIN?
- Before you can use your card for transactions requiring a PIN, you will be required to call the automated voice system. Then you will select another PIN number. Select new PIN or change your PIN by calling our toll-free, 24-hour customer service at 800-416-6373.
What if my card balance is not an even amount or is less than the minimum ATM dispense amount?
- You may deplete the remaining balance on your card by making a purchase at any merchant who accepts MasterCard. Some merchants even have the capability of offering “split tender” to allow you to pay a portion of your purchase with your Prepaid or Payroll card and the rest with cash or another form of payment. You may also move the remaining balance to your bank account by selecting the “card to bank” move option on this website or by calling customer service. If you need information on these services, please contact customer service at 800-416-6373.
What day of the month are the fees charged for fees charged directly to the card?
- Fees are assessed on the second of the month. If you register/purchase a card before the 15th of the month, you will be charged the first fee on the second of the next month. If you register/purchase your card after the 15th of the month, you won’t receive the first fee until the following month. For example, if a card is purchased August 14th, the first fee will be assessed September 2. If a card is purchased August 16th, the first fee will be assessed October 2.
(4)Conditions and exceptions apply.
(5)Carrier data charges may apply.
(7)Use any BancorpSouth or Allpointnetwork.com ATM without a surcharge (still subject to a $2 withdrawal fee above). If you use another ATM there will be both the surcharge fee charged by the ATM owner plus the $2 ATM withdrawal fee.