The one constant in your life is change, so you need a checking account that matches the way you live today. We offer a variety of checking accounts designed to fit specific financial lifestyles. Whether you are a student on the go, a retiree on a fixed budget or someone in between, we have a checking option that is right for your life.
Have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring income directly deposited.
Free Online Banking
Check your balances, view your transaction history, pay bills and more — all from your computer or smartphone.
Free Mobile Banking
View your account activity, pay bills, transfer money or find a branch location near you.
Compare Personal Checking Options
- Opening Balance
- Monthly Requirements
- Monthly Service Charge
are not met
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Unlimited Deposits
- Interest Earned
- Image Statement
- Free Online Statement
- Free Debit Card
- Free Online Banking
- Free Bill Pay
- Free Budgetwi$e
- Mobile Banking(11)
- Overdraft Protection Available
- Bancorpsouth Credit Card
- Additional Features
(1)Student Checking is available for students through the age of 24. After age 24 your account will automatically be converted to another standard checking account.
(2) Interest is earned on the Interest Plus Checking account according to the following tiers: $0 – $4,999; $5,000 – $9,999; $10,000 – $24,999; $25,000 – $49,999; $50,000 – $99,999; $100,000 +.
(3) If account is not enrolled in an online statement there will be a $2 monthly fee for truncated or $4 monthly fee for image paper statement. Monthly paper statement fee is avoided with a minimum daily balance of $500.
(5) Carrier data charges may apply.
(6) Overdraft protection requires either a BancorpSouth Credit Card or Equity Credit Line (both subject to credit approval).
(7) BancorpSouth Credit Card is subject to standard credit card lending policies.
(8) Heritage Checking customers receive one box free per year of special member checks and 50% off any other check offer. Accounts that receive free checks are required to pay tax and shipping on the check order.
(9) The Higher Rate is paid on Performance Checking account balances from $0-$30,000, and non-BancorpSouth ATM fee refunds and credits (a total of $4.00 for each of the first five non-BancorpSouth ATM transactions each statement cycle) are given at the end of each statement cycle, when all of the following three requirements are met during a statement cycle: 1. Have at least one ACH debit or credit; 2. Have at least 12 debit card purchase transactions; 3. Receive Online Statements instead of by regular mail; If you do not meet all these requirements during the statement period, you will earn the Standard Rate on all balances. The Standard Rate is always paid on that portion of Performance Checking account balances over $30,000, even if the three requirements have been met. The Standard Rate is also paid on balances from $0-$30,000 for the entire statement cycle if any of the three requirements are not met for the Higher Rate at any time during the statement cycle. Rates are subject to change at the bank's discretion. Fees may reduce earnings. Maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 or meet the Higher Rate requirements to avoid $10 monthly fee.
(10) If you receive both online statements and image statements, there will be a $2 monthly fee for truncated or a $4 monthly fee for image paper statements. Monthly paper statement fee is avoided with a minimum daily balance of $500.
(11)The BancorpSouth Mobile Banking App is now available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices. Visit the iTunes Store or the Android™ Market to download your app today. If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can access Mobile Banking by going to bancorpsouth.com/mobile after enrolling. Bookmark this page in your phone for easy access in the future.
(12) BancorpSouth may not approve everyone for a Second Chance Checking account, only those individuals that don’t have a significant ChexSystems history. A Second Chance Checking account can ONLY be opened if customer receives a limited approval through ChexSystems. The Second Chance Checking account may be closed at any time for any reason for delinquency (bad check writing, overdrafts, etc.) or fraud. Second Chance Checking is subject to BancorpSouth’s standard deposit policies and fees. If your account is in good standing after one year (no overdrafts or bad checks), you may request a standard BancorpSouth checking account.
Minimum opening deposit is $50 for non-interest checking accounts. Please see the BancorpSouth Account Information Statement for more details regarding deposit accounts.
Last updated on February 8, 2016.
Subject to change without notice.