The golden years are a unique time in your life, so it is fitting that we have a checking account specially designed for seniors aged 62 and better.
Free Debit Card
Never worry about checks again with a free debit card when you open an account.
Check your balances, view your transaction history, pay bills and more — all from your computer or mobile device.
View account balances, track budgets and more, all in one convenient place.
- Earn competitive interest rates
- Earn travel and bonus rewards
- Open your account with as little as $50
Features and Benefits
- Earn interest on checking(13)
- Enjoy unlimited check writing
- Receive personalized checks(8.1)
- Benefit from direct deposit and have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring income deposited straight into your checking account
- Get a Mastercard® Debit Card
- Keep track of your finances with Online Statements(22)
- Receive image statements
- Manage your account with Online Banking
- Bill Pay to make monthly payments through Online Banking
- Gain access to BudgetWi$e, our free online budgeting tool
- Enjoy Mobile Banking(5)
- Utilize Mobile Wallet – a fast and secure way to keep pace with your lifestyle(14)
- Receive $100,000 common carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)(8.2)(8.3)
- Enjoy DebitSecure; when you use your debit card, you'll get automatic protection from theft, accidents and injuries(8.3)
- Receive Payment Card Protection: Cancel your credit card and request prompt replacement with a toll-free call(8.3)
- Receive a free Savers Club Book: Save 50% at over 3,000 participating lodging properties from coast to coast, and receive discount offers from theme parks and car-rental companies(8.3)
- Enjoy Bonus Travel: Earn cash rewards when you arrange travel through our toll-free number: (800) 860-7182; get 5% savings on lodging expense, airline travel, car rentals, cruises and package trips(8.3)
- Receive free copies of Sojourns® magazine(8.3)
- Bundle your checking and savings accounts for a more convenient way to budget and save toward your goals
- Gain access to your account information 24 hours a day with just a quick call to our InfoLine at 1-888-797-7711
Want to get more from your Heritage Checking account? With our optional add-on products, you can build in the extra features you want, for a minimal fee, without having to update your checking account option.
- Overdraft Protection available(6)
- Personalize your debit card by making it one of our collegiate or specialized Affinity Cards(12)
- Must be 62 years of age or older
- Opening deposit: $50
- Monthly requirements to waive monthly service fee:
- $500 minimum daily ledger balance
- Monthly service charge:
- $8 if monthly requirements are not met
- Monthly statements:
- FREE Online Statements
- FREE image statements with imaged checks
- FREE Online Statements
- Free Bill Pay with personal checking account
(5) Carrier data charges may apply.
(6) Overdraft protection requires either a BancorpSouth Credit Card or Equity Credit Line (both subject to credit approval).
(7) BancorpSouth Credit Card is subject to standard credit card lending policies.
(8.1)Heritage Checking customers receive one box free per year of special member checks and 50% off any other check offer. Accounts that receive free checks are required to pay tax and shipping on the check order.
(8.2) $100,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance provided the accident occurs while a fare paying customer on a common carrier. If a joint account, the insurance coverage is split between the joint parties. The beneficiary for the accidental death insurance benefit on this product follows the automatic succession of: spouse, child(ren), parents, brothers and sisters, estate. A beneficiary can be designated outside of this order by completing a change of beneficiary form.
(8.3) This product is provided through BancorpSouth and our third-party partner, Affinion Marketing Innovations.
(12) Affinity Cards are available for any BancorpSouth checking account and have an annual $5 fee per card.
(13)Interest is calculated based on simple interest applied to the daily collected balance. Interest is credited at statement time and is available for early withdrawal.
(22)In order to receive Free Online Statements, you must first enroll in Online Statements.