Second Chance Checking Account
Everybody deserves a second chance. Second Chance Checking can help get you back on the right track. Visit a branch near you, and let us review your check writing history to see if Second Chance Checking is right for you.
Free Online Banking
Check your balances, view your transaction history, set budgets and more — all from your computer or smartphone.
View account balances, track budgets and more, all in one convenient place.
Build Your History
Build your good check writing history and work towards a standard BancorpSouth checking account.(12)
- Unlimited Check writing privileges
- Standard Mastercard® Debit Card
- Open an account with as little as a $50 minimum opening balance
Features and Benefits
- Enjoy unlimited check writing privileges with a standard monthly service charge
- Benefit from free direct deposit and have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring incomes deposited straight into your checking account
- Get a free Standard Mastercard® Debit Card
- Keep track of your finances with free Online Statements (3)
- Manage your accounts with free Online Banking
- Gain access to BudgetWi$e, our free online budgeting tool
- Enjoy free Mobile Banking(5)
- Gain access to your account information 24 hours a day with just a quick call to our InfoLine at 1-888-797-7711
- Accounts in good standing after one year, with no overdrafts or bad checks, are eligible to transfer to one of our standard checking accounts. (12)
- Bill Pay is not available with this product
- Minimum opening deposit: $50
- Must not have a significant ChexSystem history(12)
- Monthly service charge:
- $10.00 regardless of balance
- Monthly statements:(3)
- Free Online Statements
- Monthly paper statement fee:
- $2 for a truncated paper statement
- $4 for a paper statement with images
- Free Online Statements
- Checks are to be paid for by the account holder
- Bill Pay not available with this product
(3) If account is not enrolled in an online statement there will be a $2 monthly fee for truncated or $4 monthly fee for image paper statement. Monthly paper statement fee is avoided with a minimum daily balance of $500.
(5) Carrier data charges may apply.
(12)BancorpSouth may not approve everyone for a Second Chance Checking account, only those individuals that don’t have a significant ChexSystems history. A Second Chance Checking account can ONLY be opened if customer receives a limited approval through ChexSystems. The Second Chance Checking account may be closed at any time for any reason for delinquency (bad check writing, overdrafts, etc.) or fraud. Second Chance Checking is subject to BancorpSouth’s standard deposit policies and fees. If your account is in good standing after one year (no overdrafts or bad checks), you may request a standard BancorpSouth checking account.