Second Chance Checking Account
Everybody deserves a second chance. Second Chance Checking can help get you back on the right track. Visit a branch near you, and let us review your check writing history to see if Second Chance Checking is right for you.
Free Online Banking
Check your balances, view your transaction history, set budgets and more — all from your computer or smartphone.
View account balances, track budgets and more, all in one convenient place.
Build Your History
Build your good check writing history and work towards a standard BancorpSouth checking account.(12)
- Unlimited check writing privileges*
- Standard Mastercard® Debit Card
- Open an account with as little as a $50 minimum opening balance
Features and Benefits
- Enjoy unlimited check writing privileges with a standard monthly service charge*
- Benefit from direct deposit and have your payroll, Social Security or other recurring incomes deposited straight into your checking account
- Get a Standard Mastercard® Debit Card
- Keep track of your finances with Online Statements(4)
- Manage your accounts with Online Banking
- Gain access to BudgetWi$e, our online budgeting tool
- Enjoy free Mobile Banking(5)
- Utilize Mobile Wallet – a fast and secure way to keep pace with your lifestyle(14)
- Gain access to your account information 24 hours a day with just a quick call to our InfoLine at 1-888-797-7711
- Accounts in good standing after one year, with no overdrafts or bad checks, are eligible to transfer to one of our standard checking accounts. (12)
- Bill Pay is not available with this product
- Minimum opening deposit: $50
- Must not have a significant ChexSystem history(12)
- Monthly service charge:
- $10.00 regardless of balance
- Monthly statements:(4)
- Itemized monthly paper statements without images
- Checks are to be paid for by the account holder
- Bill Pay not available with this product
*Second Chance Checking gives the customer unlimited check writing privileges with a standard monthly service charge and is subject to BancorpSouth's standard deposit procedures and fees. The account may be closed at anytime for any reason for delinquency (bad check writing, overdrafts, etc.) or fraud.
(5) Carrier data charges may apply. The BancorpSouth Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices. Visit the iTunes Store or the Android™ Market to download your app today. If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can access Mobile Banking by going to bancorpsouth.com/mobile after enrolling.
(12)BancorpSouth may not approve everyone for a Second Chance Checking account, only those individuals that don’t have a significant ChexSystems history. A Second Chance Checking account can ONLY be opened if customer receives a limited approval through ChexSystems. The Second Chance Checking account may be closed at any time for any reason for delinquency (bad check writing, overdrafts, etc.) or fraud. Second Chance Checking is subject to BancorpSouth’s standard deposit policies and fees. If your account is in good standing after one year (no overdrafts or bad checks), you may request a standard BancorpSouth checking account.
(14)• Not available for BancorpSouth VISA credit card, Mastercard Business debit or credit card, or HSA customers. Only available for Mastercard personal debit cards or credit cards issued by BancorpSouth. • Not all retailers accept mobile wallet payments. Look for the symbol or icon representing the mobile wallet app you use prior to making purchases. Additionally, the retailer must also accept Mastercard. • Availability of your mobile wallet may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.