How do I schedule a bill payment?
Scheduling a Bill Payment
1. Click "Add a Company or Person to Pay" at the Payment Center.
2. Consider the type of company you want to pay and open the appropriate category.
- We list the most likely companies in your area to help you find what you're looking for.
- Don't see what you need?
- Enter the name of the company or person in the Search box and follow the search instructions.
- Click the Other Company or Person tile and follow the instructions for entering the address info.
3. Pick the company you want to pay.
4. Enter the account number exactly as it appears on your bill.
5. Enter your account number again to confirm it.
6. If necessary, enter the ZIP Code for the address where you'd send your payments.
7. Some companies can send e-bills, which are electronic copies of the paper bills you receive in the mail. If the e-bill options appear, you can:
- Click "Yes" to receive e-bills online at the Payment Center. Enter any info requested by your biller.
- Click "No" to continue receiving your bills in the mail.
8. Click "Add Bill."
On the confirmation page, you can:
- Add another company or person to pay.
- Go to the Payment Center to pay your bill or assign the bill to a group.
Paying a Bill
1. Click "Payment Center" on any page.
2. Go to the Pay Bills section.
To pay your bills:
1. In "Pay From", select the account from which to withdraw funds for the payments. To make an account your default selection, select "Make Preferred Account."
If you want to pay your bills from more than one account, pay your bills from the account you selected first, and then select another account and pay bills from it.
2. Find the bill you want to pay.
3. Enter the amount you want to pay.
BancorpSouth sets a limit on the total dollar amount you can pay from an unverified account. After you verify your account, your limits are re-evaluated and usually changed.
When you enter an amount, Bill Pay Service automatically displays the earliest date the biller will receive the payment. You can either accept this date and skip the next step, or you can change the date.
4. Review the pay date, which is the earliest date the biller can receive your payment. You can accept the date or change it.
BancorpSouth sets a limit (usually 45 days) on the total number of days you can make a payment from an unverified account. After you verify your account, you can enter a pay date that is up to a year in the future.
5. Repeat the previous steps for each bill you want to pay (up to a maximum of 30).
6. Click "Make Payments." Your payment info appears on the Review Payments page.
To review and confirm your payments:
1. Review your payment info. The Review Payments page shows the total amount for all payments you just made.
2. If the "Memo" box appears, you can enter additional info to send with your payment (up to 34 characters). The memo is printed on the check that Bill Pay Service sends to the biller. The Memo box only appears if Bill Pay Service sends the payment by check.
3. Click "Submit Payments." The Payment Confirmation page displays the confirmation numbers automatically assigned to each of your payments.
4. Click "Note" to add descriptive info to keep on file with the payment (up to 256 characters). You can add a note to any payment in Bill Pay Service. The note isn't sent with the payment.
5. Click "Print" to print your payment confirmation.
6. Click "Finished." The Payment Center opens.
You can find the bills you just paid listed in the Pending Payments section of the Payment Center and the Payment Assistant. When the payments are processed, they appear in the Recent Payments section.