CARE — E-mod Review
CARE is an acronym for the specific function of our program—Claims Analysis Reviewing Experience Mods.
Identifying cost drivers is key to lowering operating costs. Workers’ Compensation insurance claims are routinely one of these cost drivers. Our CARE program can help reduce claims, resulting in a lower experience modifier (E-Mod) and directly impacting your workers’ compensation premium. In short, understanding your E-Mod, and making necessary changes, can significantly reduce workers’ compensation costs while improving employee safety.
From 2013 through 2017, our CARE program lowered clients’ reserves $9.5 million and E-Mods by 886 points.
As part of our core offerings with CARE, we will:
- Analyze your NCCI E-Mod for errors
- Ensure proper serving of claims prior to unit stat
- Review claims with reserves over $5,000
- Negotiate indemnity (loss time) reserves using best practices
- Audit claims open longer than 180 days
- Project future E-Mods
- Ensure proper claims handling regarding subrogation and second injury funds
What is an E-Mod Factor?
An E-Mod factor is a rating method that a company’s premium is increased or decreased by based on previous losses and payroll for three years prior to the current effective date. A company’s minimum E-Mod will never be zero. Knowing your minimum and controllable E-Mod factor is helpful when measuring safety performance.
- E-Mod Factor of 1.00 = Average Safety Performance
- E-Mod Factor < 1.00 = Better Than Average Safety Performance
- E-Mod Factor > 1.00 = Below Average Safety Performance
Real-World Applications (Case Studies)
Knowing your E-Mod is vital to how you operate your organization.
Our CARE Adjuster found multiple errors that resulted in more than $208K in cost reductions.
Our CARE Adjuster’s efforts reduced this client’s E-Mod from 1.16 to 1.07, resulting in a savings of $54,000.
BXS Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth Bank.
BXS Insurance is an insurance agent and not an insurance carrier.
Always read your policy for coverage terms and conditions.