Complimentary Training Services
BXS Insurance is constantly looking for ways to support our clients' success. We know that high-quality staff and management training are important to that success, but it's hard to come by and even harder to afford. Therefore, we now offer our clients, free of charge, live training at a location you identify or via webinar. Most sessions are 1-2 hours in length and can be presented one at a time or combined to create a half or full day of training. Additionally, if you're interested in a regular schedule of presentations, our team of professional trainers will schedule a webinar series or on-site visits for up to a year in advance.
Free Training Topics
- 10 Traits of a Professional
- Achieving Work/Life Balance*
- Basics of Employment Law for Supervisors and Managers
- Building Relationships with Emotional Management
- Coaching and Counseling Basics
- Creating a Culture of Diversity and Inclusion*
- Delegation Skills
- Developing and Managing to Goals and Objectives
- Make Your Dreams Come True
- Effective Communication and Disciplinary Action
- Effective Communication and Feedback Skills
- Fundamental Leadership Competencies
- Fundamental Management Competencies
- Managing Emotions
- Managing a Multi-Generational Workforce*
- Managing Stress and Conflict
- Moving from Staff to Supervisor
- Moving from Supervisor to Manager
- Moving from Manager to Leader
- Performance Management and Disciplinary Action
- Professionalism in the Workplace (Behavior, Communication and Appearance)
- Recognition and Rewards
- Retaining Top Talent*
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Manager
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Stress Management
- Team Building and Team Dynamics
- Time Management
* If you are planning a conference, event or large meeting, these topics are most suitable.
Our AdvantageHR™practice is led by Julia Kramer, EVP at BXS Insurance. Julia is a certified HR professional and has more than 30 years of executive-level leadership, organizational development and human resources experience, with specific expertise in training and development and managing organizational change. She has an M.A. in HR Management and a B.A. in Psychology, and she is a certified administrator of multiple assessments.
Julia G. Kramer, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
EVP | Chief Organizational Performance Officer
Director, BXSI AdvantageHR™ Consulting
Martha Emmett, BXS Insurance’s Director of Strategic Programs, is a proven human resources professional and strategist with over 20 years of experience in HR and benefits strategy. Martha is a certified and active HR professional and recruiter, manages our ThinkHR partnership and delivers client training. Martha has a B.A. in Psychology and is a certified administrator of multiple assessments.
Martha Emmett, SHRM-SCP
Director, Strategic Programs
Director, ThinkHR Partnership™ and AdvantageHR™ Consultant
BXS Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth Bank.
BXS Insurance is an insurance agent and not an insurance carrier.
Always read your policy for coverage terms and conditions.