Choose the Checking Account That’s Right for You–Right Where You Are.
BancorpSouth offers several checking accounts with a variety of features and benefits for special customers—you! There’s a BancorpSouth Checking Account ideal for students learning to take care of their finances, for young adults just starting out, for those looking to invest more, and retirees looking for discounts and perks. Compare our checking accounts and visit with one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives to decide which one is the right fit for you!
Compare Personal Checking Options
- Opening Deposit
- AVOID SERVICE CHARGE BY MEETING THESE MONTHLY REQUIREMENT(S)
- Monthly Service charge if Requirements are not met
- Interest Earned
- Monthly Statement Fees
(1)Student Checking is available for students through the age of 24. After age 24 your account will automatically be converted to another standard checking account. Student must be at least 18 to have a single-party account. All students under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian as a multiple-party account owner. If residing in Alabama, students under the age of 19 must have a parent or guardian as a multiple-party account owner.
(3) Interest is earned on the Interest Plus Checking account according to the following tiers: $0 – $4,999; $5,000 – $9,999; $10,000 – $24,999; $25,000 – $49,999; $50,000 – $99,999; $100,000 +.
(3) If account is not enrolled in an online statement there will be a $2 monthly fee for truncated or $4 monthly fee for image paper statement. Monthly paper statement fee is avoided with a minimum daily balance of $500.
(5) Carrier data charges may apply. The BancorpSouth Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices. Visit the iTunes Store or the Android™ Market to download your app today. If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can access Mobile Banking by going to bancorpsouth.com/mobile after enrolling.
(6) Overdraft protection requires either a BancorpSouth Credit Card or Equity Credit Line (both subject to credit approval).
(7) BancorpSouth Credit Card is subject to standard credit card lending policies.
(8) Heritage Checking customers receive one box free per year of special member checks and 50% off any other check offer. Accounts that receive free checks are required to pay tax and shipping on the check order.
(10) If you receive both online statements and image statements, there will be a $2 monthly fee for truncated or a $4 monthly fee for image paper statements. Monthly paper statement fee is avoided with a minimum daily balance of $500.
(11)The BancorpSouth Mobile Banking App is now available for iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices. Visit the iTunes Store or the Android™ Market to download your app today. If you do not have an iPhone or Android device, you can access Mobile Banking by going to bancorpsouth.com/mobile after enrolling. Bookmark this page in your phone for easy access in the future.
(12) BancorpSouth may not approve everyone for a Second Chance Checking account, only those individuals that don’t have a significant ChexSystems history. A Second Chance Checking account can ONLY be opened if customer receives a limited approval through ChexSystems. The Second Chance Checking account may be closed at any time for any reason for delinquency (bad check writing, overdrafts, etc.) or fraud. Second Chance Checking is subject to BancorpSouth’s standard deposit policies and fees. If your account is in good standing after one year (no overdrafts or bad checks), you may request a standard BancorpSouth checking account.
Minimum opening deposit is $50 for non-interest checking accounts. Please see the BancorpSouth Account Information Statement for more details regarding deposit accounts.
Subject to change without notice.