Mortgage Payment Assistance

If you have been affected by recent storms or are having difficulty making your loan payments, BancorpSouth has a dedicated mortgage payment assistance team prepared to assist you. It is not necessary to use a third party or counseling service. We can help you determine which solution is best for you in a time of hardship, whether it be temporary or long-term circumstances.

We want to keep you in your home. Not taking action could result in the loss of your home, a negative impact to your credit score and keep you from obtaining financing in the future.

Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams

  • Beware of any person or organization that asks you to pay a fee in exchange for a counseling service or modification of a loan.
  • Beware of anyone who says he/she can "save" your home if you sign over the deed to your house. Do not sign over the deed to your property to any organization or individual unless you are working directly with your mortgage servicer.
  • Do not make your mortgage payments to anyone other than your mortgage servicer without the servicer's approval.

The first step you should take is to review the options below and please call us at 1-855-269-2165 anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT on weekdays. Talking to us is the best thing you can do for your situation.

Preserving Your Home

Being a homeowner is a dream you don't want to lose, but perhaps temporary circumstances have created a hardship. If staying in your home is your goal, you have options that include:


Relief of Debt

If you are not interested in maintaining ownership of the property, but are interested in full or partial relief of debt, the following options may be available to you.

Please call us at 1-855-269-2165 anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT on weekdays. When contacting us with mortgage payment assistance questions, please have your most recent tax return and proof of income (such as paycheck stub) available.

If you have concerns about the evaluation of your mortgage for foreclosure alternatives, then please contact our Escalation Case Unit at 855-269-2165, ext 7715. Any concerns will be reviewed by our Representative who will acknowledge your inquiry in writing via email, fax or mail within 72 hours. We will make every attempt to address your question(s) and/or concerns within 15 days from the date of receipt.

Would you like to consider additional resources?

  • For help exploring your options, the Federal government provides contact information for housing counselors, which you can access by contacting the Department of Housing and Urban Development at or by calling 800-569-4287. In addition, this information can be found by accessing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • NeighborWorks® provides foreclosure solutions. Visit or call 1-888-995-4673 for more information.
  • "5 Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure Scams" provided by the Federal Reserve. For complete details, visit