AMERICA SAVES WEEK
Make a Plan. Set a Goal. Save Automatically.
BancorpSouth is honored to receive the 2018 America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence for Banks, a designation from America Saves which recognizes banks that go above and beyond to encourage people to save money during America Saves Week.
Let's be honest, it's easy to spend money these days. With so much spending and buying, sometimes saving isn't all that easy. There are numerous ways to begin saving money - from making your coffee at home to taking a brown bag lunch to work - little by little, those cuts will add up. By doing that, you could easily open a savings account, start making automatic deposits and be well on your way to saving hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year. That money could go toward a new house, a car or even a jumpstart to an early retirement - it's your choice.
Not sure where to start?
We have a savings account that is just right for you!
Features and Benefits
- Interest is compounded daily and credited monthly(2)(26)
- Gain immediate access to your savings account so you can make deposits and withdrawals at any time(5)
- Transfer funds automatically from checking to savings using our secure Online Banking transfer service.
- Enjoy free Online Banking
- Keep track of your account with free Online Statements(7)
- Receive free monthly paper statements
- Gain access to BudgetWi$e, our free online budgeting tool
- Bundle your checking and savings accounts for a more convenient way to budget and save toward your goals
- Gain access to your account information 24 hours a day with just a quick call to our InfoLine at 1-888-797-7711
- Opening deposit: $100
- Monthly requirements to waive monthly service charge:
- $100 minimum daily ledger balance
- Monthly service charge:
- Free if minimum daily ledger balance is met
- $5 if balance falls below the minimum daily ledger balance
- $5 fee for each transaction over six per month(5)
(1) Accrued interest is available for closing withdrawals.
(3) Federal law requires that we convert a savings account to a checking account if you exceed six preauthorized or automatic debits or withdrawals per month. An Excessive Withdrawal Fee of $5 will be charged for each transaction over six per month.
(7) To receive your savings statement online, it must be combined with your checking account online statement within Online Banking.
(26)If you close your account prior to the interest being credited, you will receive interest for each day prior to the day you close your account.
Are You Saving Automatically?
It's the easiest & most effective way to save.
America Saves... by the numbers.
Need more help?
Visit AmericaSaves.org for tips, news and advice to help you save more successfully.
"During America Saves Week, I encourage everyone to establish a financial goal and then make a plan for automatic, recurring deposits into a savings account to help achieve that goal. This is an opportunity for people of all ages. In fact, parents and guardians can guide their children in learning about saving by establishing or strengthening savings account relationships with banks." – Martin J. Gruenberg, Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
*Taken from AmericaSaves.org